Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Week Of Nots

While I don't feel like I have to stick to my training schedule without any misses or changes, I do notice an improvement in my long runs when I follow my plan. This week that did not happen and my long run today suffered because of it.

Last Saturday I had a pretty good 8 mile run. I finished tired, but felt like I could have done more. My toe was pretty painful because of a blister I had gotten the week before when I couldn't find my favorite running socks and tried a different pair instead. Sunday I went for a 25 mile bike ride. This was my longest ride by 10 miles and while I was excited at the time, it might have been too much of a jump. Or maybe going out on the jet ski after the bike ride was the problem. Either way, I was exhausted Sunday evening and pretty much just sat on the couch watching football. I was still tired on Monday, so I moved my interval run to Tuesday. My toe still hurt, so after the run I didn't go to Group Power as scheduled. Wednesday I worked late and missed spinning. Thursday, we went to the gym, but didn't get there till late and I just really wasn't feeling it. I did the elliptical trainer for 30 minutes and hardly worked up a sweat.

This morning I had 9 miles on my schedule, but my legs felt like they wanted to fall off after 6. I made it to 7 and then walked about 1/2 a mile home. I haven't been eating well this week and I think that also contributed to my lack of energy today. I have 3 weeks to get myself on track. I'll spin tomorrow and repeat last week's schedule in hopes that next week 9 miles really will be 9 miles and while they may not be easy, they at least won't be torture.

1 comment:

XichthusX said...

Keep up the good work!